What is Actos (pioglitazone)?

Actos is part of the thiazolidinediones class of medications. It is used in conjunction with diet, exercise, and sometimes other medications to treat type 2 diabetes. It helps the body become more responsive to insulin, a hormone produced by the body to help regulate blood sugar levels

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...