What is acarbose?

Acarbose is a glucosidase inhibitor that is prescribed to manage type 2 diabetes, and is often prescribed in combination with other diabetes medications. Acarbose can help the body regulate blood sugar levels after you eat by slowing the process that converts carbohydrates into glucose.

Starch blockers, such as acarbose, are used to treat type 2 diabetes. They slow digestion to prevent blood sugar from spiking after meals.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...