What should I do if I miss a dose of saxagliptin?

If you miss a dose of saxagliptin (Onglyza), a prescription drug for type 2 diabetes, you should take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time to take your next pill, skip the missed dose and take the next pill at the usual time. Don't take more than one dose at a time unless your doctor tells you to. Be sure to monitor your blood sugar as directed to make sure it stays within a safe range.

Call your health care provider if you miss multiple doses, or if your blood sugar becomes too high or too low while you're on saxagliptin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...