What should I do if I miss a dose of saxagliptin?

If you miss a dose of saxagliptin (Onglyza), a prescription drug for type 2 diabetes, you should take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time to take your next pill, skip the missed dose and take the next pill at the usual time. Don't take more than one dose at a time unless your doctor tells you to. Be sure to monitor your blood sugar as directed to make sure it stays within a safe range.

Call your health care provider if you miss multiple doses, or if your blood sugar becomes too high or too low while you're on saxagliptin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic