What should I do if I miss a dose of saxagliptin?

If you miss a dose of saxagliptin (Onglyza), a prescription drug for type 2 diabetes, you should take it as soon as you remember. If it's almost time to take your next pill, skip the missed dose and take the next pill at the usual time. Don't take more than one dose at a time unless your doctor tells you to. Be sure to monitor your blood sugar as directed to make sure it stays within a safe range.

Call your health care provider if you miss multiple doses, or if your blood sugar becomes too high or too low while you're on saxagliptin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...