What happens if I miss a dose of NovoLog?

NovoLog is meant to lower glucose (blood sugar) levels that tend to spike when you eat. If you do not inject NovoLog before eating, you may experience symptoms of hyperglycemia. Novolog should be used 5 to 10 minutes before your meals. Do not take extra NovoLog to make up for a missed dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Rosiglitazone (Avandia) and pioglitazone (ACTOS) are in a group of drugs called thiazolidinediones. ...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...