What happens if I miss a dose of Avandia?

If you miss taking a dose of Avandia, take it as soon as you can. However, if you remember the missed dose when it is already close to the time for your next dose, you should skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double your medication, even to make up for a missed dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...