What happens if I miss a dose of glipizide?

If you miss a dose of glipizide, you should try to take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. You should never take two doses together. Overdose of glipizide can cause severe hypoglycemia and symptoms like stomach pain, seizure, weakness, confusion, speech impediments, sweating, tremors, blurred vision, and coma.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...