What happens if I miss a dose of glipizide?

If you miss a dose of glipizide, you should try to take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. You should never take two doses together. Overdose of glipizide can cause severe hypoglycemia and symptoms like stomach pain, seizure, weakness, confusion, speech impediments, sweating, tremors, blurred vision, and coma.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If y...