What happens if I miss a dose of Avandamet?

If you miss a dose of Avandamet, take it as soon as you can. However, if it is close to the time where you would take your next dose, skip the missed one to avoid an overdose. Overdosing on Avandamet can lead to lactic acidosis, a severe and potentially life-threatening condition.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
A drug called Avandia is widely used to treat diabetes. But is it safe? Watch as Drs. Oz, Steven Nis...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...