Is there a generic version of Glyset?

There's no generic version of Glyset (miglitol) available in the United States. Be wary of buying Glyset online from sites that may say they offer generic versions. The Food and Drug Administration warns they are likely counterfeit drugs.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...