Is there a generic version of DiaBeta?

There is no generic version of the diabetes drug DiaBeta. However, the active ingredient in DiaBeta is glyburide, which is available in several generic forms. DiaBeta (glyburide) lowers blood sugar two ways: by causing the pancreas to produce insulin, a hormone that helps the body use or store blood sugar, and by helping the body use insulin more efficiently.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...