Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
- Q When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
- Q What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
- Q What are the side effects of metformin HCl?
- Q What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
- Q How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?