Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
- Q Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
- Q What should I know about metformin HCl before taking it?
- Q What is Novolin?
- Q Who should not take metformin HCl?
- Q If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?