Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
- Q What is metformin HCl?
- Q How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
- Q What are sulfonylurea drugs?
- Q Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
- Q How does a sulfonylurea help treat type 2 diabetes?