Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
- Q Who should not take metformin HCl?
- Q What are sulfonylurea drugs?
- Q If I'm a low dose of Melmet, is there a chance of pregnancy?
- Q What are the side effects of sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
- Q How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?