Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q What should I know about metformin HCl before taking it?
- Q How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
- Q What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
- Q How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
- Q When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
- Q How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?