Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
- Q If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
- Q How does a sulfonylurea help treat type 2 diabetes?
- Q What is metformin HCl?
- Q What are the side effects of sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
- Q Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?