Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q If I'm a low dose of Melmet, is there a chance of pregnancy?
- Q How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?
- Q What are the side effects of metformin HCl?
- Q Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
- Q Who should not take metformin HCl?
- Q How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?