Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
- Q Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
- Q How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
- Q When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
- Q What is metformin HCl?
- Q If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?