Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
- Q How does a sulfonylurea help treat type 2 diabetes?
- Q What are the side effects of metformin HCl?
- Q How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
- Q How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
- Q What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?