Metformin HCL and Metformin ER contain the same active ingredient, metformin. Metformin HCL is an immediate-release formulation of metformin. It is taken multiple times each day. Metformin ER is an extended-release formulation of metformin. It can usually be taken once a day.
- Q How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?
- Q Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
- Q What are sulfonylurea drugs?
- Q Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
- Q How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
- Q If I'm a low dose of Melmet, is there a chance of pregnancy?