What is DiaBeta?

DiaBeta (glyburide) is an oral medication used in combination with diet and exercise, and sometimes other drugs, to treat type 2 diabetes. DiaBeta lowers blood sugar by causing the pancreas to produce insulin, a hormone that helps the body use and store blood sugar, and by helping the body use insulin more efficiently.

In order for DiaBeta to work, you have to be making at least some insulin on your own. It can’t help people with type 1 diabetes, who produce none.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
what are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors ?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
does premlintide have any side effects ?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
does levemir cure diabetes ?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
No, Levemir does not cure diabetes. However, Levemir is a type of insulin that is used to control an...