What is the best way to take pramlintide?

Pramlintide is available as a solution that you inject under your skin (subcutaneously). Before you inject yourself, make sure that you are using a new needle and syringe; that the area you will be injecting has been correctly cleaned (usually with alcohol swabs); and that the solution is clear, not cloudy. Do not ever mix pramlintide with insulin, and do not use the same syringe or needle to inject the two medications. Never share your pramlintide with someone else, even if you use different needles. There is a risk of transmitting bloodborne diseases if you share it. Pramlintide works best when injected in the abdomen or upper leg (thigh). Do not inject it into your arm. If you have any questions about how to correctly inject pramlintide, talk with your doctor or pharmacist. They will be able to help you.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...