What should I avoid while taking Glyset?

There are a few things to avoid while taking the diabetes drug Glyset (miglitol). You should not:

• skip meals. Glyset is meant to work with a balanced diet, and each of the three daily doses should be taken with the first bite of each main meal.
  • work out more than usual. Exercising too much can cause your blood sugar levels to drop.
  • drink alcohol if that's what your doctor advises: Alcohol can cause a decrease in blood sugar levels. 
  • miss appointments with your doctor or for laboratory tests. It's important to keep a close check on your blood sugar levels while you're taking Glyset.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...