What should I avoid while taking Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone) because it may cause low blood sugar. Also try to avoid stress, because it can affect how well Duetact works in your body. Some people may get drowsy, dizzy, lightheaded, or experience blurred vision with Duetact; avoid driving until you know how you will react to this medication.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...