What should I avoid while taking repaglinide?

While on the diabetes drug repaglinide (Prandin), you should avoid eating an unhealthy diet. You should also avoid being inactive, as the medicine works best when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.

You should avoid taking the cholesterol drug gemfibrozil (Lopid) while you're on repaglinide, because the combination makes repaglinide levels jump. Talk to your doctor about which of the drugs you should stop.

Because alcohol can lower blood sugar levels, ask your doctor about how much you can safely drink while you're on repaglinide.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic