What should I avoid while taking Precose?

While you're taking the diabetes drug Precose (acarbose), you should avoid drinking alcohol in excess, because alcohol may cause a decline in blood sugar. Ask your doctor about the safe use of alcohol while on this drug. You should also avoid unhealthy meals and being inactive. If you don't follow your doctor's dietary instructions while taking Precose, you may experience more abdominal pain, diarrhea and gas.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Rosiglitazone (Avandia) and pioglitazone (ACTOS) are in a group of drugs called thiazolidinediones. ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...