What should I avoid while taking Glucotrol?

You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking the diabetes drug Glucotrol (glipizide) because alcohol can worsen the drug's side effects.

Avoid long periods of sun exposure, because Glucotrol may make you more sensitive to sunlight.

Glucotrol may interact with certain drugs, increasing the risk of side effects. Tell your doctor about any medications (prescription and nonprescription), supplements and herbal remedies you are taking. Do not start any new ones without talking to your doctor first.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...