What are the side effects of Januvia?

Januvia can produce side effects, some serious, if treatment is not monitored. It can cause pancreatitis, which is an inflammation of the pancreas that can become severe and even fatal. If you take Januvia with another medication that can bring on low blood sugar, you have a higher risk of having low blood sugar. If you show symptoms of a severe allergic reaction to Januvia, such as hives, rash, or swelling, stop taking Januvia, and call your doctor. Some common side effects of the medication are stuffed or runny nose, headache, and sore throat.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...