Can I use Glyset if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, it's best not to take the diabetes drug Glyset (miglitol). Glyset has been found to pass into human breast milk in very small quantities. Even though the amount of Glyset that winds up in breast milk is small, experts recommend that women who are nursing not take it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...