Can I use Glyset if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, it's best not to take the diabetes drug Glyset (miglitol). Glyset has been found to pass into human breast milk in very small quantities. Even though the amount of Glyset that winds up in breast milk is small, experts recommend that women who are nursing not take it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...