Is there a generic version of Avandia?

Currently there is no generic version of Avandia. The earliest a generic version may become available is in 2012, when the patent expires. However, Avandia may remain the exclusive property of GlaxoSmithKline even after this date. If you see advertisements for generic Avandia or rosiglitazone, do not buy them. These are not the approved versions of the medicine, and they can be dangerous.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...