How soon after taking Avandaryl will my symptoms improve?

Avandaryl works to control your type 2 diabetes by changing the way your body makes and uses insulin. After one to two weeks of using Avandaryl, you may see that your blood sugar control starts to improve. In most people, Avandaryl is working fully within two to three months. It is important to maintain your diabetes diet while on treatment with Avandaryl. The drug does not replace dietary control of your blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...