Symlin (also known as pramlintide) and insulin should always be taken as separate injections. The two medicines cannot be mixed together and taken in one shot. Choose two spots on your stomach or thigh that more than two inches away from each other. Use one spot for your Symlin shot and the other one for your insulin shot.
- Q Can I drink alcohol while taking Symlin?
- Q Is it safe to use Symlin if I am breastfeeding?
- Q What are the side effects of Symlin?
- Q If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Symlin?
- Q If my sister skips a meal, should she still take her Symlin?
- Q How should I store Symlin?