Symlin (also known as pramlintide) and insulin should always be taken as separate injections. The two medicines cannot be mixed together and taken in one shot. Choose two spots on your stomach or thigh that more than two inches away from each other. Use one spot for your Symlin shot and the other one for your insulin shot.
- Q What are the benefits of Symlin if I have type 1 diabetes?
- Q What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Symlin?
- Q If my sister skips a meal, should she still take her Symlin?
- Q In what forms can Symlin be used?
- Q Can Symlin interact with other medications or foods?