Symlin (also known as pramlintide) and insulin should always be taken as separate injections. The two medicines cannot be mixed together and taken in one shot. Choose two spots on your stomach or thigh that more than two inches away from each other. Use one spot for your Symlin shot and the other one for your insulin shot.
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Symlin?
- Q What should I know before my child uses Symlin?
- Q Can I take pain killers like Tylenol when I'm taking Symlin?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Symlin?
- Q Am I likely to lose weight when taking Symlin?
- Q How should I store Symlin?