Symlin (also known as pramlintide) and insulin should always be taken as separate injections. The two medicines cannot be mixed together and taken in one shot. Choose two spots on your stomach or thigh that more than two inches away from each other. Use one spot for your Symlin shot and the other one for your insulin shot.
- Q How can I minimize the side effects of Symlin?
- Q Is there a generic version of Symlin?
- Q Can I exercise while taking Symlin?
- Q Who can benefit from using Symlin?
- Q When I get sick and don't feel like eating, should I still take my Symlin?
- Q What should I do if I get a really upset stomach from taking Symlin?