What special diet should I follow while I take miglitol?

Miglitol (Glyset) is given alone or in combination with other type 2 diabetes medications to help control blood sugar. Miglitol can slow the absorption of the carbohydrates you eat so your blood sugar does not spike after a meal. But it is not an easy fix or a substitute for eating right. You must also eat a healthy diet and follow a program of regular exercise for effective blood sugar management. If you are overweight, restricting calories and losing weight is essential.

Your doctor can give you a diet and exercise plan to help control your blood sugar levels to complement your miglitol therapy. Drinking alcohol can affect your glucose levels so drink cautiously.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic