What are the side effects of glipizide extended release?

Glipizide extended release may cause side effects that may be severe for some people. In rare cases, glipizide extended release may cause a severe allergic reaction that leads to difficulty breathing, swelling in the face or throat, and hives. If you develop these symptoms, call 911 right away. Glipizide extended release may also lead to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), causing symptoms like excessive hunger, headache, dizziness, blurred vision, fast heartbeat, tingling in the hands and feet, cold sweat, shaking, and fainting.

Other serious side effects of glipizide extended release include unusual bruising and bleeding, severe stomach pain or nausea, yellowing of the skin and eyes, mood changes, persistent sore throat, and swelling or unusual weight gain. More common and less serious side effects of glipizide extended release may include dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, gas, upset stomach, vomiting, or headache. Other side effects may be possible, so talk to your doctor if any new or unusual symptoms develop while taking glipizide extended release.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...