When I get sick and don't feel like eating, should I still take my Symlin?

You should not take your Symlin if you are sick and cannot eat your usual meal. Symlin may increase your risk of getting severe low blood sugar caused by insulin, and missing a meal can make it worse. Call your doctor if you are sick and don’t feel like eating. He or she will advise you about how to take your medicine when you are ill.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...