Should pregnant women take glimepiride?

Glimepiride treats type 2 diabetes by helping control blood sugar levels. This medicine may harm unborn babies. Women who are pregnant or planning to be should discuss the benefits and risks of taking this drug. This drug should only be used during pregnancy if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...