Who should not take metformin HCl?

You should not take metformin HCl if you are in a diabetic ketoacidosis state. If you have kidney disease, you should also not take this medication. If you are to undergo an imaging test in which dye is injected into your vein, then you may need to stop taking this medication for a short duration of time. Metformin HCl should only be used to treat type 2 diabetes. Do not take metformin HCl if you are allergic to it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...