Who should not take glyburide-metformin?

You should not take glyburide-metformin if you are allergic to its ingredients, have Type 1 diabetes, are over 80 years old, are pregnant and close to your due date, are scheduled to have surgery, have kidney impairment or have suffered from a stroke or recent heart attack. If you are being treated with bosentan (Tracleer) or have diabetic ketoacidosis or metabolic acidosis, you should not take this drug. If you are taking other medications or have other medical conditions, you may need to alter your glyburide-metformin dose or be monitored for side effects. Make sure to share your complete medical history with your doctor before taking glyburide-metformin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how do the diabetes drugs byetta and victoza affect weight ?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
Byetta and Victoza slow down gastric emptying and acts as an appetite suppressant. Both of these mec...
how can i predict my body use of injected insulin ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar ?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...