Who should not take Humulin N?

You should not take Humulin N if you are having a low blood sugar episode or if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. Humulin N is not expected to harm an unborn baby, but the risk to a breastfeeding baby is unknown. Your progress should be monitored regularly by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...