What should I do if I miss a dose of nateglinide?

Nateglinide (Starlix) is an oral medicine used to regulate blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Your doctor may prescribe this alone, or in combination with other medicines for diabetes such as metformin or thiazolidinedione. Nateglinide helps your pancreas to release insulin, the hormone that allows your cells to use glucose.

Nateglinide needs to be taken up to 30 minutes before a meal. Your doctor will give you specific instructions about what you should do if you forget to take a dose of nateglinide and you have already eaten. If you realize it while you are eating, take it. But if you finished eating and some time has passed wait until your next meal to take it. Don't double up the dose.

Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist about all the medicines you are taking, especially if it includes other medicines for your diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...