What should I do if I miss a dose of nateglinide?

Nateglinide (Starlix) is an oral medicine used to regulate blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Your doctor may prescribe this alone, or in combination with other medicines for diabetes such as metformin or thiazolidinedione. Nateglinide helps your pancreas to release insulin, the hormone that allows your cells to use glucose.

Nateglinide needs to be taken up to 30 minutes before a meal. Your doctor will give you specific instructions about what you should do if you forget to take a dose of nateglinide and you have already eaten. If you realize it while you are eating, take it. But if you finished eating and some time has passed wait until your next meal to take it. Don't double up the dose.

Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist about all the medicines you are taking, especially if it includes other medicines for your diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...