What should I do if I miss a dose of miglitol?

Miglitol (Glyset) is given alone or in combination with other type 2 diabetes medications to help your body use insulin more effectively. Your doctor has selected this dose as the lowest dose possible to treat your condition so it is really important that you follow the instructions on the label of your prescription about the exact timing and dosage of your miglitol.

Miglitol should be taken with the first bite of each of your three main meals. If you have missed a dose of miglitol take it as soon as you remember. But if your next dose is due soon, don't double up, skip that one and then return to your regular schedule.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...