What serious side effects I could have from taking pioglitazone?

This medication is used to lower blood sugar when the level get too high. It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) especially if you are taking this with other medications used for diabetes.  If hypoglycemia is not treated, severe symptoms can develop. Family and friends should call 911 for signs of serious low blood sugar:
  • confusion
  • seizures
  • loss of consciousness
Call your doctor immediately if you have:
  • extreme thirst
  • frequent urination
  • extreme hunger
  • weakness
  • blurred vision

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how does novolog flexpen treat diabetes ?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
how do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes ?
The diabetes drug Prandin (repaglinide) works by stimulating the pancreas to release more insulin, a...
what is rosiglitazone (avandia ) and is it safe to treat diabetes ?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...