How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?

Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to predict how your body takes in and uses the insulin you inject. The amount of insulin your body absorbs can change by 25 percent or more from day to day. So don’t be surprised by differences. Talk to you provider about how you can adjust your treatment plan to these differences.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...