How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?

Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to predict how your body takes in and uses the insulin you inject. The amount of insulin your body absorbs can change by 25 percent or more from day to day. So don’t be surprised by differences. Talk to you provider about how you can adjust your treatment plan to these differences.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...