Should I let people know if I am taking glyburide?

Glyburide is prescribed to treat Type 2 diabetes. If you are taking this drug, you should wear a diabetic identification bracelet in case you experience severe, life-threatening hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) so that a family member or other bystander knows to seek immediate medical attention or to call the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1211. Symptoms of severe hypoglycemia include shakiness, seizure, extreme weakness, blurred vision, sweating, difficulty speaking, confusion, difficulty breathing, stomach pain and coma.

You should also carry a list of all the prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, vitamins, and supplements you take if you are admitted to the hospital in the event of an emergency and cannot communicate this information.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...