Should I let people know if I am taking glyburide?

Glyburide is prescribed to treat Type 2 diabetes. If you are taking this drug, you should wear a diabetic identification bracelet in case you experience severe, life-threatening hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) so that a family member or other bystander knows to seek immediate medical attention or to call the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1211. Symptoms of severe hypoglycemia include shakiness, seizure, extreme weakness, blurred vision, sweating, difficulty speaking, confusion, difficulty breathing, stomach pain and coma.

You should also carry a list of all the prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, vitamins, and supplements you take if you are admitted to the hospital in the event of an emergency and cannot communicate this information.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...