Is it safe to take NovoLog while I am pregnant?

NovoLog (insulin aspart) is a Pregnancy Category B drug, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). A Pregnancy Category B drug is one that does not harm a fetus when tested in pregnant animals but has not been tested in pregnant humans. If you are considering pregnancy while taking NovoLog, discuss the pros and cons with your doctor. Closely monitor your blood sugar (glucose) levels while pregnant. Proper glucose control is crucial in pregnancy for a woman with diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...