Am I likely to lose weight when taking Symlin?

Symlin (also known as pramlintide) makes you feel full after meals to help control your appetite and decrease how much food you eat. Although Symlin isn’t a weight-loss medicine, you may lose weight while taking it because it causes you to eat less. In clinical studies, people taking Symlin ate less food at meals and lost weight.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

does liraglutide interact with any other medications ?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
how can i predict my body use of injected insulin ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
how do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes ?
The diabetes drug Prandin (repaglinide) works by stimulating the pancreas to release more insulin, a...
does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain ?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...