What should I know about Novolin N Innolet before taking it?

Before using Novolin N Innolet (insulin human isophane) , you should be aware of the following:
  • Novolin N Innolet should be considered one part of a comprehensive diabetes program. You will also need to monitor your diet, weight, exercise, feet, eyes, and teeth, and test your blood sugar regularly as directed by your doctor.
  • This medication requires ongoing monitoring by your doctor; do not miss any scheduled appointments.
  • While this medication can be used for children, special adjustments and precautions may be necessary.                   
  • You will need to monitor your blood sugar regularly while using Novolin N Innolet. Be careful not allow your blood sugar get too low or high; be aware of the symptoms of both conditions and be prepared to treat them. (Have access to additional insulin supplies and appropriate food or snacks to help maintain your blood sugar.)
  • Never share injection needles or cartridges, to avoid risk of HIV or hepatitis.
  • Before starting Novolin N Innolet, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease or if you take any other diabetes medication.
  • Change the injection site each time you use Novolin N Innolet.
  • Always follow your doctor's instructions exactly on how and when to use insulin and how to dispose of injection equipment.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If y...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...