What should I know about NovoLog before taking it?

You should know that NovoLog (insulin aspart) acts quickly to lower blood sugar, so it should be administered within minutes before you will eat to avoid extremely low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia. You should also know that if you inject NovoLog from a syringe, you can mix the solution with other insulin, but if you use a NovoLog pump, it should not be diluted or mixed with any other insulin. If you have liver or kidney disease your doctor may need to decrease your dose of Novolog. If you have certain allergies, you may not be able to take NovoLog, or your doctor may need to monitor you carefully while you are using it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...