What should I know about Januvia before taking it?

Before taking Januvia, you should consider certain factors and discuss them with your doctor to help avoid treatment complications. Tell your doctor if you have ever had pancreatitis, which is pancreas inflammation. Also, let the doctor know if you have a history of alcoholism or have ever experienced high levels of triglycerides in your blood. In addition, inform the doctor if you have ever had gallstones (stones in the gallbladder) or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...