What should I know about Januvia before taking it?

Before taking Januvia, you should consider certain factors and discuss them with your doctor to help avoid treatment complications. Tell your doctor if you have ever had pancreatitis, which is pancreas inflammation. Also, let the doctor know if you have a history of alcoholism or have ever experienced high levels of triglycerides in your blood. In addition, inform the doctor if you have ever had gallstones (stones in the gallbladder) or kidney disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...