What should I know about Humulin N before taking it?

Humulin N is only part of the complete treatment for diabetes. Diet, exercise, weight management, blood sugar testing, and foot, eye, and dental care are all necessary to treat diabetes in conjunction with Humulin N. If you have liver or kidney disease, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. You should not take Humulin N if you are having a low blood sugar episode or if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. Humulin N is not expected to harm an unborn baby, but the risk to a breastfeeding baby is unknown. Your progress should be monitored regularly by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...