What should I know about Humulin N before taking it?

Humulin N is only part of the complete treatment for diabetes. Diet, exercise, weight management, blood sugar testing, and foot, eye, and dental care are all necessary to treat diabetes in conjunction with Humulin N. If you have liver or kidney disease, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. You should not take Humulin N if you are having a low blood sugar episode or if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. Humulin N is not expected to harm an unborn baby, but the risk to a breastfeeding baby is unknown. Your progress should be monitored regularly by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...