What should I know about Humulin N before taking it?

Humulin N is only part of the complete treatment for diabetes. Diet, exercise, weight management, blood sugar testing, and foot, eye, and dental care are all necessary to treat diabetes in conjunction with Humulin N. If you have liver or kidney disease, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. You should not take Humulin N if you are having a low blood sugar episode or if you are allergic to it or any of its ingredients. If you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before starting this medication. Humulin N is not expected to harm an unborn baby, but the risk to a breastfeeding baby is unknown. Your progress should be monitored regularly by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...