What should I know before taking Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

In rare instances, people can develop congestive heart failure due to one of the ingredients in Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone). This medication is not to be used by pregnant or nursing women. In addition, the benefits of this drug are susceptible to the body undergoing stress. During such periods, you need to talk to your doctor to determine if the levels of medication need to be adjusted.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...