Is there a generic version of Lantus?

There is not currently a generic version of Lantus. Several patents for Lantus exist, which generally need to expire before a generic can be made. In addition, Lantus is a biologic drug, which has special laws within the United States. Currently, it is illegal to create generic version of a biologic, regardless of its patent status.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...