Is there a generic version of Byetta?

There is no generic equivalent of Byetta. Byetta is produced by Amylin Pharmaceuticals and is currently under a patent that prevents generic production. The patent will expire in 2013, barring further legal developments.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...