Is there a generic version of Avandamet?

Currently, there is no generic version of Avandamet. Drugs sold as generic Avandamet could be ineffective or even dangerous.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...