Is it safe to take repaglinide if I'm pregnant?

It's not clear that the diabetes drug repaglinide (Prandin) is safe during pregnancy, so experts say that you shouldn't take it unless it is clearly needed. In animal studies, high doses of the drug caused some problems when it was given during pregnancy and nursing.

If you have diabetes, it's important to keep your blood sugar under control during pregnancy. Talk with your doctor about the best way to do that. Many experts suggest that women with diabetes should take insulin during pregnancy to keep their blood sugar levels as close to normal as possible.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...