Is it safe to take repaglinide if I'm breastfeeding?

You should not take repaglinide (Prandin), a drug for type 2 diabetes, if you're breastfeeding, experts say. It's not known whether the drug passes into breast milk, but researchers say it might. Because the drug could cause a drop in blood sugar in a nursing baby, you should talk with your doctor about whether to switch to another way to control your blood sugar or stop breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...