Is it safe to take Precose if I'm pregnant?

There isn't enough evidence to know whether the diabetes drug Precose (acarbose) is safe in pregnant women, although animal studies suggest the drug won't harm a developing fetus. Still, experts agree that Precose should be used during pregnancy only if clearly necessary. Talk to your doctor about it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...