Is it safe to use Prandin if I am breastfeeding?

It's not safe to use Prandin (repaglinide) while you are breastfeeding. Animal studies suggest the drug passes into breast milk. If it does, a nursing baby who consumes the drug could experience dangerously low blood sugar levels.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...