Is repaglinide (Prandin) used alone?

Repaglinide (Prandin) is not always used alone in treating type 2 diabetes. If your blood sugar does not go down enough, your doctor may add another medicine. In fact, the medicine PrandiMet is a combination of repaglinide and another diabetes drug, metformin.

While you're on repaglinide, you should follow closely your doctor's instructions for blood tests. This will help make sure your medicine is working properly, and alert your doctor if you need to take other steps to control your type 2 diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...